We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
An antique Caucasian runner of beautiful colors paired with a neutral palate. We love the way that this unique rug shows the weaver’s mastery of color and design. An ideal candidate for those of you looking for a piece that will fit perfectly with a neutral palate.
• Age: circa 1870
• Dimensions: 3’0" x 6'2"
• Color: burlap, cerulean, teal, green, yellow, rust, burgundy
• Pile Height: low to medium
• Materials: Handspun wool, natural dyes, wool and goat-hair foundation
• Design: The field holds 40 Boteh motifs—a symbolic number signifying perfection. Within the Boteh we see trees of life. The rug is perfectly framed by two primary borders of alternating diagonal colors and diamonds.
• Condition: Distressed, commensurate with age. Fringes have been secured. Damage to selvage in a couple of areas. Two small holes, have been secured (see photos). Warp to shape due to antique wool foundation (ranges from 6'3” to 6'1). See photos.
• Shipping: Free to the US and Canada!
This rug has been organically & professionally cleaned.