We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
Caucasian Kilims like this are some of the most prized of any collection. The modesty of design in this Kilim accentuates the beautiful natural dyes used. The cozy color palette makes it a flexible design piece, ideal for a seating area or entryway.
• Age: circa 1900
• Dimensions: 3'9" x 4'6”
• Color: Black, pine, currant, Prussian blue, camel, beige
• Pile Height: flatweave (low)
• Materials: Handspun wool, natural dyes
• Design: Two bold panels with geometric medallions of bold colors flank an elegantly simple striped center. Exceptionally woven.
• Condition: Good. A couple of discrete repairs. See photos.
This rug has been professionally & organically cleaned.