We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
A timeless Heriz rug with an elegant central medallion surrounded by tribal motifs. With its sturdy Heriz construction and soft pile, this colorful rug is ideal for livening up a living room or bedroom.
• Age: circa 1960
• Dimensions: 7’10”x 10’2”
• Color: Burgundy, navy, black, gold
• Pile Height: medium to high
• Materials: Natural & synthetic dyes
• Design: This rug features a large central medallion with a bold floral center. The field of the rug includes tribal motifs such as oak leaves and flower, and interpretations of nomadic life (dogs, chickens, flowers, trees). The rich border is composed of oak leaves and renditions of various flowers.
• Condition: Good. Wear commensurate with age, wear on one side and corner area. See photos.
This rug has been professionally & organically cleaned.