We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
A simple, tribal Baluch rug. Uniquely woven and simply designed, this rug would be a great accent piece. Could be placed at an entryway or bedside, or used as a throw rug. The relatable appearance of the rug points to its humble origins.
• Age: circa 1930
• Dimensions: 2'7" x 4'7"
• Color: red, midnight blue, mocha, copper, beige
• Pile Height: Medium to Low
• Materials: Handspun wool, natural dyes
• Design: The red field contains a repeating dark blue diamond pattern. The compounding borders utilize repetitive geometric patterns.
• Condition: Ends secured. Due to the technique used to weave this rug, the pile is sparse yet soft. See photos.
This rug has been professionally & organically cleaned.