We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
An excellent condition 1960s Turkish/Caucasian prayer rug. With its perfect colors in a gentle pink, sienna orange, and rich, bright blue, this rug is ideal for a modern, bright interior.
• Age: circa 1960
• Dimensions: 2'10" x 5'3"
• Color: soft pink, sienna orange, cobalt blue
• Pile Height: medium
• Materials: Handspun wool, cotton foundation, natural & synthetic dyes
• Design: A soft, orange field with geometric pillars, a tree of life motif, and gentle flowers all pointing upward to the mihrab containing S-shapes, often interpreted as signifying infinity, or endlessness. The outer border of vines and posies is bordered perfectly by Kurdish-style checkers.
• Condition: Good. One dark area on bottom left. See photos.
• Shipping: Free to the US and Canada!
This rug has been professionally, organically cleaned. Every purchase comes with a write-up about your rug and a care guide.