We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
A perfectly worn nomadic Bakhtiari rug, made of durable wool and with a solid construction. This rug would bring sophistication and composed beauty to an entryway or seating area in your home. It is a hardwearing rug, and with subdued colors and design it’s a prime example of the simplistic beauty of tribal weaves.
• Age: circa 1940
• Dimensions: 3'7" x 5'
• Color: pink to rose, navy blue, cream, olive green, abrash
• Pile Height: Low
• Materials: Handspun wool, natural dyes
• Design: Beautifully proportioned with two inner medallions settled in a primary cream medallion. A pleasing navy blue border. Motifs include geometric interpretations of the boteh, flowers, tulips, combs, and other common Kurdish symbols.
• Condition: Normal wear. See photos.
• Shipping: Free to the US and Canada!
This rug has been organically and professionally cleaned. Every purchase comes with a write-up about your rug and a care guide.