We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
A wonderfully sized, bold Khamseh Kurdish rug circa 1940s. A great candidate for your living room, seating area, or large entryway. This rug is nicely balanced in its design, and its sturdy structure means it can handle a lot of traffic.
• Age: circa 1940
• Dimensions: 4'4" x 6'11"
• Color: red, blue, camel, green, beige
• Pile Height: Medium to low
• Materials: Handspun wool, natural dyes
• Design: The primary red field houses a single, blue hook & lattice medallion. Repeating motifs are utilized in each section of the rug’s field, though the combination of motifs is unique in each section which creates a unique effect. Elegant flowering vines border either side of the primary blue border. Motifs include roses, posies, combs, vines, tulips, and the boteh.
• Condition: Good. One dark area & fading along border Average wear. Ends secured. See photos.
This rug has been professionally & organically cleaned.