We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
A worn-to perfection, sturdy Azerbaijani runner. Woven in the mountainous regions of Iranian Azerbaijan, rugs like this are renowned for their hard-wearing structure and liberal use of village motifs. This playful yet stately runner is the perfect piece to liven up your hallway, kitchen, or bedroom.
• Age: circa 1950
• Dimensions: 2’5' x 7'5”
• Color: Apple, Indigo, violet, lavender, turquoise, white
• Pile Height: Low to medium
• Materials: Handspun wool, cotton foundation, natural & synthetic dyes
• Design: Three primary medallions house a variety of motifs-within-motifs, resulting in a rug that begs to be explored. The abrashed red field is perfectly worn, bringing it to a softer shade. Beautiful violet medallions on either end house a soft pink octagonal medallion, while the rug is scattered with splashes of turquoise—all showcasing the weaver’s expert knowledge of color. Geometric depictions of village life (flowers, peacocks, birds, stars) are placed wherever the weaver found space, suggesting a playful disregard for conventionality.
• Condition: Good, worn to perfection. See photos.
• Shipping: Free to the US and Canada!
This rug has been organically cleaned. Every purchase comes with a write-up about your rug and a care guide.