We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
A 1980s finely knotted red and blue Turkoman rug. A fine weave and small width make this rug an excellent candidate for an unusual decor space-- breakfast nook, bench seating, or a cozy bedside rug. Selvages secured all around, so if you're a fringe-hater this rug is for you.
• Age: 1980s
• Dimensions: 1'10" x 3'11"
• Color: Red, dark blue, green, tan, beige
• Pile Height: medium to low
• Materials: Wool
• Design: Red field with alternating "gul" and fountaining water motifs. Plenty of borders in typical turkoman style, with a repeating arrangement of borders.
• Condition: New selvage on all sides. Has been shortened. See photos.
This rug has been professionally & organically cleaned.