We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
This antique Kuba kilim utilizes vivid colors and bold patterns to create a superbly coherent design. This Kilim is a perfect fix for a drab living room or bedroom, a rug that demands attention and rewards those who pause to pay closer attention—fantastic natural dyes and a high-quality weave make this a timeless piece.
• Age: circa 1900
• Dimensions: 6' x 10'7”
• Color: cardinal into amaranth red, white, lapis blue, viridian green, gold, black
• Pile Height: flatweave (low)
• Materials: Handspun wool, natural dyes
• Design: Four central hooked medallions line the center of the rug, shouldered by smaller elegant medallions. Wonderful use of interlocking-mirror borders, as well as a brilliant primary border.
• Condition: Excellent. One small area of end fringe loose. See photos.
This rug has been professionally & organically cleaned.