We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
A splendid and rare orange rug. This Kurdish stunner grabs attention with its bold coloring and excellent design. For those looking for a unique statement piece, this rug won’t disappoint
• Age: circa 1920
• Dimensions: 4'2" x 5’4"
• Color: orange, cyan, black, navy, gold
• Pile Height: Low
• Materials: Handspun wool, cotton foundation, natural dyes
• Design: A diamond medallion floats within a fabulous orange diamond. A repeating boteh pattern fills the rug’s quadrants, boldly set against a black backdrop. The primary border features a geometric, flowering rosette—reflected on either side by a blue border with a curvilinear flowering vine. Motifs in the central medallion include birds and flowers.
• Condition: Good, commensurate with age. Uneven fringe, has been secured. See photos.
• Shipping: Free to the US and Canada!