We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
An incredible 1890s Turkish/Oushak area rug, elegant in coloring, design, and perfect wear. Combines curvilinear designs within a geometric frame, showcasing the best of structured elegance. Would completely revamp any room with a blast of timeless elegance.
• Age: circa 1890
• Dimensions: 4'7" x 6'6"
• Color: indigo, ruby, gold, sage, beige
• Pile Height: Low
• Materials: Handspun wool, cotton foundation, natural dyes
• Design: An attractive, subtly abrashed indigo field holds a floating geometric medallion with a second medallion. Intricacies are scattered throughout the rug, ready to be discovered upon closer inspection: incredibly detailed vines and flowers, checkered patterns, perfect geometric shapes, all within a unique, fantastically understated border.
• Condition: Good, commensurate with age. One small hole, shown in photo. Uneven fringe. See photos.
• Shipping: Free to the US and Canada!
This rug has been organically and professionally cleaned. Every purchase comes with a write-up about your rug and a care guide.