We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
A standout example of the allure of a naturally dyed and handmade piece. This Kurdish Kolyai rug would love to grace your living room or seating area with an inviting elegance. The beauty of this rug is hard to capture in photos; it is one of the most beautiful we've ever seen, and will always be a favorite.
• Age: circa 1920
• Dimensions: 4’3” x 6’7”
• Color: Vibrant palette of rose pink, azure blue abrash into cerulean, rust, olive green
• Pile Height: Medium to low
• Materials: Handspun wool, natural dyes
• Design: A vibrant Kolyai rug boasting a gorgeous all-over floral herati pattern on a deep blue background. The lively and motif-rich blue border is flanked by two smaller, red borders of reciprocating rope & flower design.
• Condition: Small square of loose repair on inner border. See photos, and ask us for additional photos if you’d like.