We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
A collector’s 1910s Turkish Bergama area rug in near perfect condition. A pride of our shop, this rug’s unique design and mastery of balancing empty space with adept patterning. This finely woven area rug is the perfect size and splash of color for an instant revamping of a space with pure elegance.
• Age: circa 1910
• Dimensions: 6'10" x 8'3"
• Color: ruby, turquoise, cyan, navy, beige
• Pile Height: medium to low
• Materials: Handspun wool, natural dyes
• Design: Five gorgeous primary quadrilateral medallions imbue a balance to the rug’s starry field. Fantastically completed by a masterful combination of checkered guard boarder, primary oak leaf border, rosette & vine and palmette subsidiary borders.
• Condition: Excellent, some wear commensurate with age. Lower pile in center of rug. See photos.
• Shipping: Free to the US and Canada!
This rug has been organically and professionally cleaned. Every purchase comes with a write-up about your rug and a care guide.