We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
A fabulously worn antique rug. Combining a perfect distressed look with a black field and simple geometric design, this rug is perfect for those designing a vintage look for their space.
• Age: circa 1890
• Dimensions: 3'0" x 5’1"
• Color: Black, beige, coral, orange, teal
• Pile Height: Low
• Materials: Handspun wool, wool foundation, natural dyes
• Design: Fascinating depictions of “pregnant boteh” fill the field of the rug, each bountifully intricate and colorful. The primary border holds repeating medallions of alternating colors.
• Condition: Worn, commensurate with age. Uneven fringe, has been secured. One 2” tear on side, has been secured (see photo). Warp to shape due to antique wool foundation (ranges from 5’1 to 5’3, and 3’0” to 3’1”). See photos.
• Shipping: Free to the US and Canada!
This rug has been organically and professionally cleaned. Every purchase comes with a write-up about your rug and a care guide.