We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
An incredibly dyed and rare-designed Kurdish rug. The unique inclusion of animals on one side of the rug functions, in our opinion, as a playful signature of the artist who wove this rug. The straightforward yet rare design of the rug accentuates its gorgeous natural dyeing. A perfect rug to build your room’s décor around. We secretly hope this one doesn’t sell, so it ends up in our home!
• Age: circa 1910
• Dimensions: 4'6”x 6'5”
• Color: coral, pear green, oxford blue, apricot, cobalt blue
• Pile Height: low to medium
• Materials: Handspun wool, natural dyes
• Design: A bold central medallion-within-medallion snug within a deep blue field. The outer medallion is lined by fabulous green hooks, and features a unique interpretation of the hands-on-hip motif. At the center of the rug is a beautiful star shape. On the left side of the rug, we find the artist’s signature in the form of dogs and peacocks.
• Condition: Commensurate with age. Small holes in the center of rug. See photos.
• Shipping: Free to the US and Canada!
This rug has been organically cleaned. Every purchase comes with a write-up about your rug and a care guide.