On any given day, any given year, I am in wonder~wanderlust...whether producing and directing a video on the world's most beloved shoe designer in Paris, shooting a story behind the scenes at the Bolshoi Ballet on Moscow, discovering a Balinese cremation ceremony has joined the beach where I am surfing, or diving into the pages of the latest giant and sublime Taschen coffee table book, I am entranced and enthralled by the coexistence of the eclectic and elegant made personal. Style is not about money. It's about a level of taste celebrating self-expression inspired by freedom, imbued by culture and nature, and infused with personal meaning.
RARE and VALUABLE Christian Louboutin's with David Lynch FETISH Exhibit LIMITED EDITION Book
THE FIRST BOOK EVER ON AND COMMISSIONED BY CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN 80 pages of SEXY ART
Designer Christian Louboutin with legendary artist and director David Lynch collaborated on FETISH a Photo Exhibit in 2007. The book FETISH is a Limited and Special Edition book printed expressly and only in 2007 for the limited and exclusive engagement exhibit. This book is sure to go up in value.
FETISH is a MUST HAVE for any serious Christian Louboutin collector.
The timeless quality of Christian Louboutin's FETISH images and shoes prove that kink never ages. 80 pages of shock worthy Louboutin shoes and Lynch's naughty, kinky, enticing photographs. Sexy, just like the feeling you get when trying on the most iconic soles in the world ~ a pair of Louboutins.
This FETISH book celebrates and commemorates a once in a lifetime - a visionary fashion and art - legendary collaboration.
Be one of the few in the world to have a copy!
HOW RARE, VALUABLE, COLLECTIBLE, SPECIAL IS THIS?
- This book was ONLY available to guests at the exclusive FETISH exhibit event in Paris and Moscow (a who's who of fashion legends, art patrons, celebrities, and bon vivants). It was not for purchase in any store!
- It is the first book Christian Louboutin contributed to and authorized on his work.
- The Louboutin and Lynch partnership is art and fashion HISTORY. (read more on both below)
- A limited number of the FETISH book were printed.
- Tailor Books in PARIS is the ONLY other outlet/person selling this book. Tailor Books is selling their one copy of FETISH for €230.00 = $270 USD approximate. Tailor Books Paris specializes in rare and out of print fashion, design photobooks and related material. Tailor Books Paris also works with fashion houses and private clients.
THE FETISH STORY: The fashion world is no stranger to the juxtaposition of the lavishness of high-end mastery and the taboo nature of sex. Marrying the dark and twisted mind of David Lynch with the sensual and sophisticated style of Louboutin, FETISH debuted in 2007, an exhibition that perfectly captured the hidden sexual aesthetic behind women in heels.
FETISH brought together two creative visionaries who, while operating in very different fields, often explore similar obsessions in their work. Both the shoe designer Christian Louboutin and the filmmaker David Lynch explore the taboos, forbidden desires and extremes of human nature that lie hidden.
Lynch originally approached Louboutin to design a series of shoes for an exhibition he was hosting at the Fondation Cartier in Paris. The resulting unwearable shoes push the extremes of fetish with designs that include 26cm heels and Siamese heels (two shoes fused at the heel)These one-of a-kind designs were the inspiration for a series of 21 photographs by Lynch, shown in the Moscow's Garage Museum of Contemporary Art and later in Louboutin's private gallery in Paris.