We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
A splendidly abrashed Oushak mini rug. A fantastic example of the simplistic beautify of geometric interpretations of curvilinear designs. A wonderful piece ready to function as wall art, table topper, bedside landing, or countless other mini spaces! And, of course, a great gift or introduction to the world of handknotted rugs!
• Age: circa 1920
• Dimensions: 1’10” x 2’
• Color: Red-into-burgundy, prussian blue, beije, olive
• Pile Height: Low to medium
• Materials: Handspun wool, natural dyes
• Design: An attractive, unashamedly abrashed red-into-burgundy field holds single medallion of interconnected flowers. Stylized flowers frame the top and bottom of the field, while an understated border of navy and olive bestows a pleasing cohesiveness to the rug.
• Condition: Good. One small area of lower pile on field. Small area of lower & rough pile in blue of corner flower. See photos.
This rug has been professionally & organically cleaned.