We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
This elegant nomadic area rug truly is one of a kind. Unique in design, coloring, and its playful human motif. This rug exhibits several aspects of what make handknotted rugs so alluring: its balance of color, symmetry, originality, and an unexplainable artistic draw.
• Age: circa 1890
• Dimensions: 4’3” x 5’11"
• Color: Camel, coral, sapphire, mocha
• Pile Height: Medium to low
• Materials: Handspun wool & camelhair, natural dyes
• Design: Three fantastic diamond medallions are mirrored by parallel, hooked lines of alternating color. Inner and outer guard also utilize mirrored Sarab motif of interlocking borders to beautiful effect. The neutral field is a wonderful, abrashed camel color. And of course, the best part of the rug—the weaver’s “signature” via a unique stick figure on the outer border.
• Condition: Commensurate with age; variation in center width due to wool foundation—a good indicator of this rug’s age (see overhead photo). See photos and video for condition.
• Shipping: Free to the US and Canada!
This rug has been organically and professionally cleaned. Every purchase comes with a write-up about your rug and a care guide.