We’re a husband & wife team fascinated by the art of handmade rugs. Our collection started with rugs for ourselves, but has expanded to something we are excited to share with others. We collect antique and vintage hand-knotted rugs from around the world. As a piece of art, we believe a well-crafted handknotted rug should inspire something within us, changing and shaping us to desire more than the mundanity so common in the world today. Art beckons us to slow down, to make spaces in our life where we can escape monotony. What makes rugs so fascinating is that they are tactile art, which means they’re interacted with throughout the daily and yearly rhythms of our lives.
Our goal is to help customers find a rug that they absolutely love.
A fabulous, incredibly unique wide runner. This rug perfectly balances color, design, and a clever foolhardiness—all things that make Kurdish rugs so incredible. It is impossible to ignore this rug’s brilliant natural dyeing, making it a statement piece that will only improve with age.
• Age: circa 1930
• Dimensions: 4'6”x 8'5”
• Color: apple red, blonde, teal, cobalt blue, orange
• Pile Height: low to medium
• Materials: Handspun wool, natural dyes, wool foundation
• Design: Two primary medallions topped with diminutive, secondary medallions are mirrored in a gorgeous red field of flowers. Of particular note throughout the rug is the weaver’s expert use of shadowing and borderlines. Three unique, primary borders cohere exquisitely.
• Condition: Good. One area of low-pile wear on medallion commensurate with age. See photos.
This rug has been organically and professionally cleaned.